1. Decided to nurture and trust in my own understanding of self, the world, and my place in the universe.
2. Created energy in my home that reflects who I am, is welcoming, and feels good. Purge what no longer feels good regularly. Invite in only what does – that includes people as much as things.
3. Get my clothes dirty playing with paint and the soles of my feet caked in mud, have impromptu dance parties in the kitchen and try to not take myself too seriously.
4. Accepted that not everyone will like me, agree with me or see my perspective. Surrounded myself with like-minded souls and share a mutual respect despite not always seeing eye-to-eye.
5. Gave myself the permission to let my crazy out.
6. Came to the realization that my feminine energy feeds me, guides me, and inspires me. Nurture that shit.
7. Got that divorce.
8. Quit that job.
9. Decided to never look back in regret. Declared that every decision I’ve made and every action I’ve taken has resulted in the person that I am today and I wouldn’t change a thing.
10. Became the kind of person that my mother is super proud of.
11. Decided that I would start loving myself now, here, today, and not when I achieved X, Y, or Z.
12. Took a chance on myself and my dreams. Realized that I’d never know what I was capable of until I tried. Then saw how those decisions inspired others to do the same.
13. Started trusting and listening to that inner part of me that just feels her way through things.
14. Share my home with two amazing soulmates disguised as cats.
15. Bought that Haagen Dazs bar. Devoured it.
16. Fell in love with myself all over again.
17. Made a conscious effort to rid my home and body of chemicals and toxins. (Hello coconut oil body lotion, natural toothpaste and deodorant, baking soda and vinegar cleaning agents.)
18. Taking the time to breathe and check-in with myself everyday goddamn day.
19. Recognized the things that were hard to say because of fear. Fear of being misunderstood. Fear that what I thought might be seen by another as trite or insignificant. Fear that being honest and vulnerable would make me feel weak. Said those things anyway.
20. Realized that I can often put people on pedestals and decided to instead realize that people are people.
21. Let myself feel through the empty, sad and lost moments.
22. Let my soul and body get carried away with music.
23. Took responsibility for my own shit.
24. Consciously tuned into the fact that sometimes, it’s other people’s shit. Let that go.
25. Surrounded myself with other women who know the strength of lifting each other up.
26. Sleep with a hunk of rose quartz under my pillow. Take stones and crystals in my purse or pocket, or stuffed in my bra that feel good for that day or evening. Pick up random stones on the beach. Connect with the innate healing power of nature.
27. Began my own journey of self-healing, on my terms.
28. Chose to focus on the good stuff not because I don’t know bad stuff exists but because I know that good begets more good.
What are you proud of?
P.S. I’m proud of you too.
Corinne K.September 2, 2019 at 6:18 pm
You’re welcome! 🙂
MariannyAugust 10, 2019 at 2:46 pm
Thank you, I needed this.
Corinne K.October 5, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Thanks! If you make a list and post it on your blog, let me know 🙂 It’s really a fun exercise to go through.
CurrentlylovingsimplicityOctober 5, 2015 at 8:15 am
I love #10, 11, and 25! I need to make a list like that!
Corinne K.August 12, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Thank you Lise! We’ve all got a list of stuff that makes us amazing. Time to take credit for it all!
LiseAugust 12, 2015 at 3:05 am
Every item on this list inspires me Corinne, thank you for your honesty, courage and wisdom! You rock.
Corinne K.August 11, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Thanks Vivian! I bet you have a pretty kick-ass list too.
VivianAugust 11, 2015 at 4:25 am